Rice for High School Students
The Center for College Readiness offers college-preparatory opportunities for high school students to increase their awareness of the importance of college and to master the skills necessary for their post-secondary success.
We invite you to learn more about our programs for high school students:
- AP Exam Prep Online Resource This open-source website is designed to provide resources and activities, prepared by AP master teachers, to assist students preparing for their AP exams.
- AP Exam Review at Rice This one-day event is aimed toward helping Houston-area students prepare for their AP exams.
- AP Exam Review - Online Course This online course is designed to help students prepare for their AP exams.
- College and Career Academies Coming June 2016. This college and career enrichment program is designed for students age 13-15, and includes activities to assist students in planning for their future careers and post secondary success.
- Destination College A one-day event to educate high school juniors on college readiness skills, the college admissions process and assisting students in planning for their futures.
- Essential Guide to Preparing for College This open-source resource was created for parents, students, counselors and teachers with the goal of providing information and resources to assist in the college process.
- Generation College A student group of Rice undergraduates designed to support the educational aspirations of current and future first generation college students.
Rice University K-12 Initiatives
Additionally, Rice University offers a variety of enrichment opportunities for K-12 students to expand their knowledge and skills. The broad range of programs offered throughout the year are designed to educate and inspire K-12 students in arts, science, math, athletics, music and more. To see a comprehensive list of all of the development opportunities available to educators, visit Rice University’s K-12 Initiatives website.