Rice for High School Students
The Center for College Readiness offers numerous development opportunities for high school students to increase their awareness of the importance of college and to master the skills necessary for their post-secondary success.
We invite you to learn more about our programs for high school students:
- AP Exam Prep Online Resource This open-source website is designed to provide resources and activities, prepared by AP master teachers, to assist students preparing for their AP exams.
- AP Exam Review for Students This one-day event is aimed toward helping Houston-area students prepare for their AP* exams.
- C3: Content ♦ College ♦ Career A four-day high school student enrichment program designed for rising juniors (11 grade).
- College and Career Academies Coming June 2016. This college and career enrichment program is designed for students age 13-15, and includes activities to assist students in their post-secondary and career explorations.
- Destination College A one-day event to educate high school juniors on college readiness skills, the college admissions process and assisting students in planning for their futures.
- Essential Guide to Preparing for College This open-source website was created for parents, students, counselors, and teachers with the goal of providing information and resources to assist in the college process.
- Generation College A student group designed to support the educational aspirations of current and future first generation college students.
Rice University K-12 Initiatives
Additionally, Rice University offers a variety of enrichment opportunities for K-12 students to expand their knowledge and skills. The broad range of programs offered throughout the year are designed to educate and inspire K-12 students in arts, science, math, athletics, music and more. To see a comprehensive list of all of the development opportunities available to educators, visit Rice University’s K-12 Initiatives website.